Important information for USA residents

USA residents are advised to register their work through the U.S. Copyright Office rather than through Copyright House.

The reason for this is that once the work of USA residents is registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, it is possible for them to recoup legal costs and statutory damages incurred due to copyright infringement. Works should be registered within three months of publication, or three months before an infringement.

The basic fee for registering your work with the US Copyright Office is currently $35-$55 per registration.